Raspberry Days!








Leslie and I went to the Family Reunion last week and we had a blasty! I (matt) finished my summer classes on Thursday night and we drove to Bear Lake that night. We arrived in Bear Lake pretty late so nothing of significance was done that night. Leslie and I slept on the deck, that was fun, I like sleeping outside under the stars.
We went to the craft fair the next day (Friday) and saw lots of stuff. We felt obligated to buy some beef jerky after sampling just about every flavor they had. Leslie also bought some chocolate covered raspberries. They were tasty! I ate a Motherload burger which consisted of a burger with cheese, dutch oven onions and a polish sausage. That's right, a polish sausage on my burger!! It was fantastic. Everybody was jealous. I challenged Jon to a basketball shooting game. The loser got showered with water. I ended up pretty wet because I am awful at shooting basketballs. That night the whole family went to Pickleville Playhouse. Their production this year was pretty great. I had some issues with some grammatical errors, but it really was one of the best productions I've ever seen. The script was written by one of the performers and he did an excellent job. The jokes were relevant, clean (though not culturally sensitive), and very funny. If you are in Bear Lake this summer you should take a night and go to Pickleville. The play is called "The hanging of Jaunito Bandito", everybody should check it out.
Saturday morning we woke up pretty early to run the Raspberry Days 5K. There were quite a few of us that ran it this year. I didn't do as well as I hoped, but I didn't expect to do that well. I am completely out of shape and having strep throat the week before didn't help me much. Saturday is also the day that everybody spends at the beach. We played in the sand and water all day. My poor little feeties got sunburnt, but that is to be expected. I go from white to red almost instantaneously in the sun.
Saturday night we had the food contest. Leslie and I didn't put as much thought and effort into it this time. We didn't win either. Uncle Scott and Aunt Lara won two out of the three categories with their candy sushi. I thought it was a very creative idea, I just wish that I had the idea.
We all went to church on Sunday and then had FHE. We were in charge of FHE this year and Leslie did a great job planning it and delivering it. She is such a great wife!
Raspberry Days was super fun this year. It is easy to see why this is one of Leslie's favorite weekends of the year. She has such a great family and I am lucky to be a part of it.

No comments: